Much-loved Portuguese-themed chicken chain Nando's has launched live cooking classes via its Instagram page – and if you haven’t managed to check them out yet, we’ve picked a top Nando’s dish for you to make at home: Nando's peri-peri chicken parmo.
Fun fact: chicken parmo actually originates from Middlesbrough in the UK and the popular Teesside dish has been given a spicy makeover thanks to Nando’s signature peri-peri sauce.
It’s time to bring the heat home with this fakeaway Nando’s recipe.
For the chicken parmo:
• 1 bottle Nando's PERi-PERi sauce (choose your flavour)
• 320g chicken mini fillets
• 100g dried breadcrumbs
• Spray cooking oil
• Grated cheddar cheese
For the béchamel sauce:
• 2 tbsp Nando's PERi-PERi sauce (choose your flavour)
• 25g butter
• 3 tbsp plain flour
• 250ml milk (warm)
• Preheat oven to 220°C. Pour bottle of PERi-PERi sauce and breadcrumbs into separate bowls.
• Dip the chicken into the PERi-PERi sauce and then coat with the breadcrumbs.
• Spray a baking sheet with oil, spread the coated chicken pieces (in a single layer), then spray with oil again. Bake until golden (around 10 minutes), flipping once.
• Meanwhile make the béchamel sauce. Melt the butter in a pan and mix in flour and cook for three minutes. Then slowly mix in the warm milk, stirring constantly. Simmer for 15 minutes then add the PERi-PERi sauce and remove from heat.
• Spoon the béchamel sauce over the golden chicken strips and top with cheese.
• Put back in the oven for another 10 minutes. Serve and tuck in.